The process of applying for a student visa and pass in Malaysia is really easy for anyone who wants to study in the country, as you no longer need to contact your local Malaysian embassy. There is also a recently launched app on the Google PlayStore to help you keep track of your Malaysia student visa application. How to get Malaysia student visa in 5 easy steps is given below.
Generally, the entire process from submitting the student visa application to receiving the visa takes about 4-5 weeks. It will take 14 days to process the Malaysian student visa approval letter.
The steps are as follows:
How to Apply for Family Visa to USA ⇔ Click Here
How to get Malaysia Student Visa mentioned in 5 easy steps ⇓
Step 1 – Apply through your college/university
Apply for a student visa through your college/university. Follow the specific application requirements as directed by the college/university. Your application will then be submitted by the college/university to the Director of the Malaysian Pass and Permit Department. Your passport must be valid for more than one year. If it is less than one year, your application will be rejected.
Step 2 – Check the status of acceptance
Malaysia will notify students of their application status through the selected university or EMGS app. Regardless of whether you are accepted for a student visa in Malaysia or not, the acceptance notification is usually sent within a week.
Also Read: Cost of Living for International Students in Malaysia
How to Apply Student Visa in Malaysia ⇔ Click Here
Step 3 – Submit the required documents
You need to mail the necessary visa documents to the specified office in Malaysia. The following are the documents required to apply for a Malaysian student visa.
- Student visa application form
- Copy of offer letter from your chosen university in Malaysia
- Two copies of your passport (data page + page with visa information + observation page)
- One passport size photograph of you (35mm x 45mm) with white background
- Your academic transcripts and certificates
- Proof of funds to cover any of your courses and other expenses
- Your health declaration form
- Personal Bond: All educational institutions in Malaysia are required to sign a personal bond on behalf of the candidate. Malaysia has made it mandatory Department of Immigration
- NOC (No Objection Certificate): This is required only if you are a Sudanese student
- Proof of English Proficiency: Studies in most universities in Malaysia are conducted in English which requires you to be very proficient in English, therefore, the student must submit proof of your command of the language when applying for a visa authorization letter.
After your acceptance the Malaysian university will send you an application for a student visa.
Step 4 – Pay the student visa processing fee
You will have to pay the visa processing fee at the university in Malaysia. The fee amount may vary depending on the institution.
Inform the university about your arrival
- Before your departure, you must inform the Malaysian University of the date and time of your arrival in Malaysia, flight number, etc. Malaysian University will arrange pick-up from the airport You will be issued a visa in your passport.
Step 5 – Apply for your Malaysian Student Visa Sticker
You must submit your passport to the Malaysian Immigration Department within two weeks. and affix a Malaysian student visa sticker.
Scholarships In USA 2023 (For International Students) ⇔ Click Here
Completing your Malaysia student visa process can be time-consuming and confusing. You may need to spend a lot of precious time to complete the entire Malaysia visa process. Congratulations on starting this new chapter in your life! If you want to know more about Malaysia Student Visa then visit malaysiavisa.imi.gov.my. Click on this link.